Updated April 6th, 2020.
All of us at the Van Cortlandt Park Alliance know how important the Park is to you. If you come to the Park, please observe the following rules. They are in place to protect everyone.
In response to COVID-19 and NYS’s Pause, the following changes are currently taking place in all NYC parks:
- All playgrounds are closed (recently added)
- All dogruns are closed (recently added)
- No Team Sports are Allowed, All Fields and Courts are now closed to group play
- All nature centers, recreation centers and historic houses are closed
- No events, including BBQs for groups, are allowed
- Parks should be used to get some fresh air and exercise; however, people are asked not to hang out all day
- While using the park, maintain social distances and stay at least 6 feet away from those that are not a part of your household
We want everyone to be able to continue to use our parks but for everyone’s safety we need everyone to use common sense and practice #socialdistancing.
For more information and future updates,
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope to see you in the park again soon.