See why Van Cortlandt Park is where NYC hikes when you join Van Cortlandt Park Alliance for Hike-toberfest on Saturday, October 23rd in the Bronx!
Join us for a guided hike in the park, followed by a classic Oktoberfest celebration, complete with local beer, German food, live music, lawn games, and more.
GO FOR A HIKE:
All registered hike participants (21+ and Junior) will receive a VCPA long-sleeve t-shirt. Kids will receive an “I Love Vannie” magnet. Check out these awesome custom fridge magnets from our friends at Sticker Mule!
Hike options are:
Long Hike: Up for a Challenge • Starts at 2:30pm
Explore lesser known areas of the park on this 5-6 mile hike. Our longest and most difficult hike of the day!
Medium Hike: Take in the Scenery • Starts at 3pm
Stop along the way to enjoy the sites on this 3-4 mile hike. This is best for intermediate hikers.
Educational Hike: Learn Something About the Park • Starts at 3:30pm
This 2-mile, easy walk will have plenty of stops along the way, highlighting natural delights and fascinating park history.
Family Fun Hike: Bring the Kids • Starts at 3:30pm
This short, family fun hike is followed by a hands-on art-making activity where you and your little ones create a project to bring home. One adult for every two kids, please!
Party at Oktoberfest:
– German food by Loreley Restaurant & Biergarten;
– Local beer by Gun Hill Brewing Company served in a VCPA Hike-toberfest souvenir mug;
– Cupcakes from Lloyd’s Carrot Cake;
– Yard games on the Van Cortlandt House Museum lawn;
– Live music with the Ja, Ja, Jas!;
– Raffle tickets will be sold at the event for the chance to win terrific prizes from Patagonia and more!