Van Cortlandt Park Alliance (VCPA) preserves, supports, and promotes the recreational, ecological, and historical value of Van Cortlandt Park. VCPA provides educational, stewardship, and research opportunities as well as community programs to over 8,000 people per year.
A trip to VCPA adds over 1,146 acres to your classroom. Educators focus on hands-on exploration of nature using real world science skills to engage your students and bring your classroom learning to life. Field, forest, pond, and garden ecosystems are utilized to allow children from pre-K through high school a safe and fun experience in nature.
If you run an after-school or weekend program and want to work with us or have questions, please email email@example.com to discuss possibilities.
- Trip locations will be emailed to you upon program confirmation. (80 Van Cortlandt Park South is our mailing address!)
- Programs take place rain or shine.
- There is a nominal registration fee ranging from $100 to $200 per educational program. Payment is due at booking to reserve your trip slot and is non-refundable unless VCPA cancels the trip due to weather conditions or staff emergency.
VCPA Can Customize Adventures for Your Students!
- Want a virtual trip where VCPA staff expertise is available at the touch of a button?
- Interested in an experience where we come to your classroom with a hands-on activity?
- Curious about ongoing programming where VCPA educators work with your students multiple times over the semester or school year?
Sara Kempton, Environmental and Garden Education Program Director
Out of School Programs at Garden & Compost Site
This spring, VCPA will be offering two programs for kids at our newly renovated Garden & Compost Site.
This is a free 7 week program. Come once, twice or all seven weeks for playing, planting, crafts, and more! This program is for children ages 3-7 with an accompanying adult. Click here for more details.
This is a 7 week program with a $135 fee hosted on Saturdays from 12:00pm – 1:30pm. This is a drop-off program for children ages 8-11. Click here for more details.
Featured Program: Garden Explorations