Current Capital Projects
Current Capital Projects:
Currently there are several NYC Parks Capital Projects taking place in Van Cortlandt Park resulting in temporary closures throughout the Park:
- Broadway Basketball Courts: construction of new skate park
- Broadway and W. 242nd Street: Parks Without Borders project including reconstruction of BBQ Area and Bike Path and construction of new seating area
- Broadway & Mosholu Northwest Section Of Field: construction of a Tot Lot Playground
- Indian Field: reconstruction of baseball field
- Putnam Trail: trail reconstruction
For updates on these and other Capital Projects please visit NYC Park’s Capital Project Tracker website and scroll down to Van Cortlandt Park.
VCP Master Plan 2034:
A huge thank you to the hundreds of people who helped with the creation of this comprehensive plan for the park. It was a two-year process and well worth the efforts of all to compile ideas for the park’s future.
Elected officials have already responded and are starting to fund the projects in this plan. This is a great start in achieving the goals of this plan over the next 20 years!
Check out the purpose and details of the plan here.
If you have questions or would like to help implement the plan, please contact us.