- This event has passed.
Woodlawn Family Fun Day
September 10 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Join Van Cortlandt Park Alliance and the Women of Woodlawn for family fun activities as we celebrate the opening of Indian Field.
Activities will include:
- Barefoot Dancing with Edwin M. Ferreras with Sergio Sanchez & Andrea Ude (Bachata and Merengue)
- NYC DOT Helmet Giveaway*
- Bronx Bound Books – Free Books!
- Woodland Family Walks
- Nature Crafts
- The Chipper Truck
- Sports Team Exhibitions from Westchester South FC Soccer Club and Woodlean Baseball
- And much more!
Indian Field is located at E. 233rd Street and Van Cortlandt Park East.
Special thank you to our partners:
- Bronx Bound Books
- Council Member Eric Dinowitz
- NYC DOT
- NYC Parks
- Women of Woodlawn
The Barefoot Dancing portion of this event is made possible with funds from the Statewide Community Regrants Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Bronx Council on the Arts.
Thank you to Art for AID for their support towards bringing Bronx Bound Books to the event.
*NYC DOT Helmet Fittings & Giveaways
NYC has provided over 260,000 free bicycle helmets to New Yorkers.
NYC DOT’s Office of Safety Education and Outreach partners with organizations and NYC Council Members to host free helmet fitting events across the city.
Helmet fittings and giveaways follow special protocols:
- The person receiving the helmet will need to be present at the event;
- Waivers must be completed on-site;
- Participants will view a training video to learn how to properly fit a helmet;
- Participants will be given disposable tape measures to measure their head’s circumference to select a helmet that is right for them.