- This event has passed.
NYC Ultimate Trail Running Series at VCP
March 4 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
Join us at the world famous home of cross country trail running, Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx.
Saturday, March 4, 2023, join Van Cortlandt Park Alliance and King of the Mountain Events for this first-of-its-kind NYC Ultimate Trail Running Series featuring 8K (4.97 miles) filled with rolling single-track trails, mixed with stairs, wooden boardwalks, and sections of paved and double wide paths. Start off your 2023 trail running season with this challenging and tricky course!
A portion of the net proceeds will be donated to the Van Cortlandt Park Alliance to support trail maintenance.
This event is a USATF New York Association Championship.
- Start/Finish area at the Tortoise & Hare statue on Broadway, across from 6087 Broadway, Bronx 10471.
- Registration begins on-site at 9AM.
- Pre-registration bib and t-shirt pickup begins at 9AM
- Day-of registration is $55. We accept credit card payments. No cash.
- Start of the race begins at 10AM
- T-shirts guaranteed for online registration only. T-shirts will be given to day-of registrations as supplies allow.
- Event is rain or shine; course may be altered due to weather conditions.
- Advance registration until January 31: $35
- Advance registration until March 2: $45
- In-person day-of registration: $55
- NO REFUNDS
- Commemorative running bib
- Custom running t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Please arrive no later than 9:30AM to Van Cortlandt Park.
- Wear appropriate running shoes. You will get wet and muddy.
- Dress in running clothes for early March weather.
A WORD ABOUT TRAIL RUNNING (source: salomon.com):
- Trail running also involves more than running! It’s practiced in the mountains as well as hilly, rugged terrain and climbs are part of the sport.
- During the ascents, you alternate walking and running. You sometimes use poles or push on your legs with your arms in the steeper sections.
- During descents, you have to watch your footholds, landing on the forefoot to cushion the impact. You use your arms a lot for balance. Embrace the slope, run easy and have fun with the terrain!
- Unlike road running, the terrain varies constantly when trail running. You run on trails, over rocks, mud and grass and perhaps even over snow during a white trail run. Even an urban or a city trail will provide a diverse route.
- QUESTIONS? CONCERNS?
Any questions? Contact us at info@KOTMevents.com